Best Herb Combinations All Over The World
Best Herb Combinations , What is The Best Herb Combinations
You can use one type of herb at a time, there are many great combinations that work well too.
Some traditional combinations are:
- basil – with chives, chilli, garlic, oregano
- bay – with parsley, thyme, garlic, oregano, marjoram
- chilli – with coriander, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano
- chives – with basil, garlic, tarragon
- dill – with chives, garlic, parsley, tarragon
- garlic – with basil, rosemary, sage, fennel, chilli, coriander
- oregano – with basil, parsley, chives, thyme, bay, chilli
- sage – with rosemary, garlic, marjoram
- thyme – with bay, parsley, garlic, rosemary.
As our food landscape is ever-evolving, particularly with the influence new migrant groups bring with them, so does the availability of herbs that previously were uncommon in Australia. For example, Vietnamese food is known for using herbs with such abundance that, at times, there are more herbs than salad leaves in a Vietnamese salad.
Native ingredients like lemon myrtle, river mint and pepperberry, for example, are also starting to become more widely available.