Facial Rejuvenation Selecting a Surgeon
Guide to Choosing the Best Facial Rejuvenation Procedures
Generally, because of the in-depth nature of the consultation, there is usually a cost associated with the initial visit.
During your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your aesthetic goals. Your surgeon will evaluate whether you are a good candidate for facial rejuvenation and clarify what facial rejuvenation can do for you. Be prepared to describe what changes you’d like so your surgeon can help you choose the right combination of procedures. Bring pictures of yourself at an earlier age as they may serve as a good point of reference when discussing your goals.
What questions should I ask my aesthetic plastic surgeon about my facial rejuvenation?
It’s important that you take an active role in your surgery, so please use this list of questions as a starting point for your initial consultation.
- Am I a good candidate for facial rejuvenation?
- Are the results I am seeking reasonable and realistic?
- What combination of procedures do you recommend for me?
- Do you have before and after photos of facial rejuvenation that I can see?
- How many facial rejuvenation procedures have you performed?
- Where will you perform my facial rejuvenation, and how long will it take?
- Will I have any scars, and will they be visible?
- What kind of anesthesia do you recommend for me?
- What will be the costs associated with my facial rejuvenation?
- What will you expect of me to get the best results?
- What kind of recovery period can I expect, and when can I resume normal activities?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- What are my options if the outcome of my facial rejuvenation procedure does not meet the goals we agreed on?
What happens after the consultation?
Based on your goals, physical characteristics, and your surgeon’s training and experience, your aesthetic plastic surgeon will share recommendations and information with you, which may include:
- An approach to your surgery, including the type of procedure and combination of procedures
- The outcomes you can anticipate
- The financial investment required for the procedure
- Associated risks and complications
- Options for anesthesia and surgery location
- What you need to prepare for your surgery
- What you can expect to experience during and after surgery
- Before and after photos of cases similar to yours
- Computer imaging to show you the improvements you can expect
- Answers to any of your questions
Once you’ve done your research and completed your consultation, you should be able to make an educated decision on whether facial rejuvenation is right for you and whether a surgeon is a good fit. If you still aren’t sure how to proceed, you should feel empowered to ask follow-up questions or set up a consultation with a different surgeon.