HOW DID TURKEY BECOME SUCH A POPULAR PLACE IN HEALTH TOURISM?
Why Turkey is an Ideal Destination for Health Tourism
Health tourism has become an attractive sector in Turkey, with 700,000 foreigners visiting the country per year to take the advantage of its excellent medical treatments and care services. Overall, 32 percent of the country’s patients come for health tourism! The Joint Commission International has accredited 32 hospitals in Turkey; mostly located in Istanbul.
Turkey has been an attraction center with its strategic geographical location, its closeness to Europe, Asia, Middle East, North and Middle Africa, Russia; the accessibility to these geographies, and its developed health system. The Health system comes to the fore in Turkey as the most important destination in the sector of health tourism with its hospital equipment, technologic infrastructure, and trained health personnel. This important position of Turkey has started to attract attention more in the international field as a result of ensuring participation in various fairs, congresses, and meetings.
Turkey provides better quality treatment at lower costs when compared to Europe, the U.S., and other western countries. Some surgeries are 90 percent cheaper than in other countries. However, the infrastructure and healthcare facilities offering world-class standards. Also, Turkey combines the best of healthcare with an exceptional holiday.
Some of the reasons behind Turkey’s popularity are the following:
- The country has an affordable healthcare system
- It has the highest number of US-accredited hospitals (according to The Joint Commission International)
- Most doctors, trained in Europe and North America, choose to practice and reside in Turkey.
Here are also some advantages you should consider with the technical details:
- Turkey is the central hub for the East and the West
- Istanbul Airport, in Turkey, is also considered one of the world’s largest airports.
- Surgeries are considerably cheaper in Turkey.
- Turkey has a huge variety of versatile treatment opportunities such as hair transplants, plastic surgeries, cancer treatments, dental treatments, low-cost in-vitro fertilization (IVF), and other cosmetic treatments.
- Quality of hospitals and surgeons.
- Quick response, no waitlist.
- Can easily be combined with a holiday/business trip; the patients and their families will not only receive health services physically and mentally but also make the best use of the historical and tourism potentials in the region.
As a result, Turkey became a shining star in health tourism around the world.
With the highest number of JCI-accredited health facilities, medical tourists to Turkey are assured of high quality infrastructure and services by these hospitals and their medical staff. Plastic Surgery in Turkey istanbul